Tuesday, 7 August 2018

Heartbreaking moment teenager cuddles her boyfriend on his deathbed before life support is switched off

This is the heartbreaking moment a teenager cuddled her childhood sweetheart as he lay on his deathbed before his life support was switched off.

Blake Ward, 16, was involved in a terrible accident while swimming in the sea in Wales last Tuesday. He was rushed to the hospital and was placed on life support. Sadly, he passed away on Saturday morning after his life support was switched off.

Before he was taken off life support, his girlfriend Stephanie Ray, 15, who had remained by his bedside all through, climbed into bed with him and gave him one last cuddle as a final goodbye before he passed away.

Blake's loved ones are raising money on GoFundMe to pay for his funeral. She posted the moving picture, used on the fundraising page, to her Facebook page on Saturday as she paid tribute to the "beautiful, brave, kind-hearted" boy.

Stephanie said: "Today has been the hardest day for me and it will be a day I will never be able to forget. As some of you may know Blake was involved in a terrible accident on Tuesday. 

"I have been by his side through it all and I haven’t left him. As you all know Blake was a loving a caring person and would do anything for anyone.

"We was told yesterday that Blake would never recover and his brain was too damaged and we had to make the hard decision of turning his machine off and let him go."

The teen went on to say Blake was "someone special to her", adding: "But just know Blake wasn’t in any pain and he passed away with his family around him and he will forever be missed and he will always have a special place in my heart and I will never forget you Blake fly high my baby boy and I’m gonna make you proud love you and I always will".

Her mum Becky also paid tribute, saying: "Even though he hadn’t been part of our family for long his loss has left us beyond devastated and heartbroken."

Blake, from Dudley in the West Midlands, was one of three teenagers pulled from the water in Tywyn, Gwynedd, last Tuesday. Two helicopters, three lifeboats, two coastguard teams, paramedics and police were scrambled to the seafront. Blake was rushed to Alder Hey Children's Hospital but the devastating decision was made on Saturday to turn off his life support. 

No comments:

Post a comment

we love to hear from you,please drop a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...