Wednesday, 21 June 2017

NCC Begs 21million Etisalat Users Not to Panic Over Bank Takeover of the Company


The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has assured subscribers that Etisalat's integrity would not be compromised following shock takeover of the netwok.
 
Amid the move to takeover of Etisalat by a consortium of banks, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has assured subscribers that the network’s integrity would not compromised.
 
The Director, Public Affairs of NCC, Mr Tony Ojobo, said in a statement on Wednesday in Lagos that the commission’s attention had been drawn to the planned takeover by the consortium of banks.
 
Ojobo said that the regulatory body was aware of the indebtedness of Etisalat to the consortium.
 
According to him, the NCC in conjunction with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has mediated by holding several meetings with the banks, Etisalat and other stakeholders to find a solution.
 
“Regrettably, these meetings did not yield the desired results.

“The NCC wishes to reassure about 21 million Etisalat subscribers that it will do all within its regulatory power to ensure that Etisalat subscribers continue to enjoy the services provided by the operator.

“The commission has taken proactive steps to cushion the impact of the takeover; this is without pejudice to the ongoing effort between Etisalat and the banks toward a negotiated settlement.

“NCC wishes to reassure all stakeholders in the telecommunications sector, in particular the subscribers on the Etisalat network, that it will ensure that the integrity of the network is not compromised.’’
 
The statement said the commission had drawn the attention of the banks to provisions of the Nigerian Communications Act (NCA) 2003 Section 38: Sub-sections 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love to hear from you,please drop a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...